I took advantage of all the sunny days in July to experiment with sun printing and Setacolor paints. Years ago I tried this but had forgotten the details of how. I experimented with buttons, leaves, cardboard cutouts and bits of vintage doilies. I tried linen, cotton and silk.
Lessons were learned: Press leaves first, cardboard curls up so try something else firmer, don't use a frame-tape fabric directly to the plastic surface. Mix colors before putting on fabric and do a test swatch (colors looked very different on the fabric than in the container! This is a fun and really easy way to create a new fabric. I will post the items I am making with the fabric later.
Leave a Reply.