Working on another entry for a challenge at Vision quilt museum. The theme is "Hand dyed" so I was able to use some samples of the soy wax batik I did last year. I cut them up, fused some of the silk over the cotton, appliqued and hand embroidered the edges. I had some hand dyed silk ribbon and embroidery floss that made a nice edging for smaller squares. I used two different cottons from my stash for the foundation, binding and backing. The batting is warm and natural. To finish the large front square I couched a tubular knit ribbon with embroidery floss. I love this ribbon! It is stretchy, a little sheer and subtly adds some color and cover.
Here is a little portion of the project I just finished. Unfortunately it won't be in this year's exhibit at the Silk Purse. There will, however, be many other cherry themed works there from April 1 - 20. I am curious to see how other artists were inspired. I will aim to show something there next year. My trip away in February interrupted my completion of this year's project on time. I will plan a little better next year!! Hard to fit all these fun things in to my non-routined life! Three weeks in the sun and warmth of Southern California was definitely worth it.